Hello lovely Arkansas brides to be! I am so excited to be sharing a few tidbits with you here on the Weddings in Arkansas blog (which I love by the way – what a great source of inspiration for you!).
Right now, we are in the middle of ‘engagement season’ which means you might have just been proposed to (YAY!). Once you’ve been able to tear yourself away from staring lovingly at your ring, it is time to get to work. I’m here to get you started on the right path.
Once you get engaged there are several things that need to happen.
1. Spend some time relaxing with your fiance and family. Celebrate and truly enjoy this special time together.
2. Come up with a time frame for when you want to get married. This can mean a specific date or a selection of 2-3 dates. If you are wanting to get married within 6-9 months (or less!) of your engagement, or if you are wanting to get married during peak season (think June), I would encourage you to be open to several dates in order to ensure you get the venue and vendors you want.
3. Set a budget. I know this isn’t the fun part, but it drives everything. You can’t begin selecting a venue or vendors if you don’t know who is in your price range. Having a range versus a set budget is fine, your wedding planner can help you solidify the budget once they know more about your event.
4. Contact a planner. To get the most bang for your buck, bring in your planner at the very beginning, they can give you tips on every vendor selection and might know of venues you’ve never thought of. I like to say we planners are like your general contractors in building your wedding so it’s important they are involved in as many aspects as possible.
5. Once you have chosen a planner, ask them to provide suggestions on the most ‘in demand’ vendors (meaning vendors who will only take 1-2 weddings per day). This will include your photographer, videographer, band/DJ and sometimes florist.
6. While you are browsing all of these amazing vendor website, get pinning! Pinterest is an amazing resource for both brides and their planners/designers. The more decor looks you can pin, the better your planner and florist can get a feel for what you want your wedding to feel like.
Once the 6 steps above have been accomplished, you will be well on your way to having a fabulous wedding, maybe even one Weddings in Arkansas will be publishing in their pretty pages! I’ll be giving you specific tips on selecting your vendors and what questions to ask them later on in the blog series. Happy Planning!
Website : http://weddingsbydetails.com/
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/DetailsWeddings
Pinterest : http://pinterest.com/amychardin/